Here we are with services running again on the railway. Granted it may not be as many as we would like to run and we are running with reduced capacity. But we are running!
It’s nice to see visitors back at the railway enjoying themselves.
We have lots of events planned, the most notable being Thomas’ 50th birthday bash at the end of the month. Plus of course the The Steam EnGIN Express on the 24th July. I will be interested to see how the event goes. I feel that it will be popular and hopefully become a regular perhaps yearly event.
This coming Saturday the 12th of June sees the Wansford Miniature Railway Grand Opening. A lot of work has gone into the miniature railway’s construction and it will without doubt be popular.
Locomotives in Steam and on Display
Steam Locomotive Sweet Pea “Holly”
Steam Locomotive War Department No 90776 Royal Anglian Regiment
Steam Locomotive GWR King “King Edward II”
Steam Locomotive GWR Parire No 4588
Steam Locomotive Sweet Pea “Joe”
Battery Electric Class 14 No 9520
Battery Electric 08 No 08679
Under Overhaul LNER B1 Roedeer on Display
- For the Opening of the Miniature Railway Train Services are £1 per return trip, tickets purchased on the day from the Miniature Railway
- Miniature Freight Train
- Miniature Railway Shop with a selection of fund rasing items for sale
- Miniature Traction Engines in Steam
- Special Celebration First Day Postal Covers
- Blue Circle in Steam
- Social Distancing is to maintained at all times in line with Government guidelines
- The NVR will be running main line Steam services on the day
- Refreshments available at Wansford Station.
- All attractions subject to availability and Covid restrictions
- Please note to travel on the miniature railway you must be in possession of a Platform ticket or Main Travel ticket.
If you’re visiting the railway please give it your support.
So lets look forward to a summer of trains and visitors.